Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bestival bonus


I got back to the grind today after 4 days away at Bestival, I managed to blag myself a free ticket in exchange for a driving my housemates band. It was an awesome weekend, highlights for me were DJ Shadow, Mogwai, Health The Cure, Bjork and obviously Esben. The Cure show is a bit of a blur for me as I got carried away drinking serious amounts of red wine, I ended up getting separated from my mates and staggering back to the campsite (possible falling over once or twice). The weather wasn't great but was better than I'd prepared for, I woke up on Monday to what felt like a hurricane, the tent was pretty much collapsing in on itself with every gust, I'm was surprised it even stayed up.

My ballin ride for the weekend

Esben and the Witch

Back to poker, I've been making some effort to put in a lot of volume this month to make up for how little I played last month. I've played about 17.5k hands so far and have managed to get off to a good start, I'm still loosing at 5/10 which is pretty annoying as it's basically 2.5x my regular stake. I played a little today but it only took 10-15 hands before I got in with AK Vs AA, I flopped a gut shot but go no love on the turn or river......wa wa waaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment