Monday 15 November 2010

PKR live weekend

Earlier today I go back from my first PKR live event. All in all it was a very fun weekend, I travelled up to London on Friday night with my good friend rhymenoceros after checking in to our hotel we headed over to London Bridge for the PKR drinks reception. It was pretty interesting finally putting some faces to names, I finally got meet Japete (after playing him almost everyday) where I gave him some vital tournament advice which obviously worked pretty well for him. Congrats Japete.

After the drinks reception Myself, Rhyme, Japete, GolgeJ and a few others headed out for more drinks this is were things started to get hazy. After numerous Jägerbombs I figured it'd be a good idea to head back and get some sleep, this was not before hitting up McD's for a nutritious late night meal.

I woke up the following day not actually feeling too bad, the same couldn't be said for Rhyme (he's a lightweight!). Anyway there's not really much to talk about regarding either of the tournaments, I went semi-deep in the main eventually busting out around 35th-40th or something. Neither tournament was too interesting as I never really built up any kind of stack.

After getting knocked out of the terminator on day two I played some £1/2 live cash. This was really good fun as the games were pretty soft and a lot of the play was 200bb+ deep. One of the funnier hands played was when I cold 4bet AKo in position to £80 Vs the table maniac, he called OOP with around £220ish behind, flop comes K99r he checks I check back (take note of my tricky Thor O style play), turn is a 5 I bet £75 he calls pretty quickly, river is a brick, he open shoves, I call and he shows Ace high lol. I finished up about £400 in cash for the weekend which was some conciliation for failing to cash in either tournament. 

8 comments:

  1. hahaha!!!! :-D

    have had too much fun with u guys.....

    friday was hillarious..

    japete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightweight? sick burn considering i was the one that remembered stuff and you had massive memory loss!

    Funniest moment is probably when wobblebottom said you look like fleisher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic wonga schoolage!

    Cunt!

    Mr_Niceness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, whats up with the length of your finger wonga?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, sir. Unlucky that I hit my 2-outer on turn in the ME :)

    You were definitely in the top 30 in the ME, btw, I got moved to your table when it got down to 3 tables. Probably 27th-ish. Not that it matters, ofc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Rik, you had JJ right? Pretty standard hand although it was a tease when I flopped the K. Did you manage to cash in the ME?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I had JJ. Not much any of us could've done differently, JJ on the CO 25 BBs deep, QQ on the button and AK in the BB <20 BBs deep. I ended up in 16th, so I got a little bit for my efforts, but pissed away my stack in two hands on the Sunday...

    ReplyDelete