Wednesday 12 October 2011

Big daddy of the day hand

I mentioned in my last update that I'd been breaking even for a bit, well I managed to win a little more in the last week or so of September making it a reasonable month, I never quite got back to the peak of the month. October started very well with the added bonus of getting some HU action at 10/20 Vs a big fish (I'm still up for getting rid of the HU tables on PKR). I'm pretty happy with how I played Vs the Fish, initially I dropped a bit but the turning point was the hand below. 

Seat 1:WongaMan ($2,376)
Dealer, Posts small blind $10
Seat 2: TheBigDaddyOfTheDay ($3,290)
Dealt to WongaMan

Preflop: (Pot: $30)

RAISE TheBigDaddyOfTheDay, to $60
RAISE WongaMan, to $230
CALL TheBigDaddyOfTheDay, $170

Flop: (Pot: $480)


BET WongaMan, $285
CALL TheBigDaddyOfTheDay, $285

Turn: (Pot: $1,050)


CHECK WongaMan
BET TheBigDaddyOfTheDay, $686
CALL WongaMan, $686

River: (Pot: $2,422)


CHECK WongaMan
BET TheBigDaddyOfTheDay, $2,088
CALL WongaMan, $1,175

Showdown:

SHOWS TheBigDaddyOfTheDay

SHOWS WongaMan

WongaMan wins the pot of $4,752

I won and lost serveral 4k pots but this is the largest one I've been involved in. I'm still not 100% sure if I took the best possible line in the hand, there are certainly other lines I could have taken which didn't involve folding (which I don't think was an option Vs this guy). Anyway it worked out and after that he crumbled. This was the first time I'd actually played a full session of 10/20 so it was a massive bonus to run well against someone playing very badly.


Yesterdays grind got off to a good start with me quickly winning around 1.6k, then the blowup began, a combination of running awful in AIEVs and most likely quite a bit of play bad I was quickly stuck around the 2.5k mark.


1 comment: